Please note that mains test UTM03 is already live in student portal. The questions are as follows-
- “Constitution of India is the embodiment of human values and ethical principles”. Elucidate.
- In light of the Satwant Singh and the Maneka Gandhi case, compare and contrast “procedure established by law” vis-a-vis “due process of the law”.
- Discuss the constitutional basis of right to privacy. Is right to privacy sacrosanct?
- Many eminent jurists noted the Kesavananda Bharati case as the ‘the Indian Constitution of the future’. Elucidate.
- What do you understand by “data democracy”? Discuss it in light of the “Internet bill of rights” as enacted by Brazil. Do you think it is time for India to enact such a law?
- Elections in India have become a continuous process and political parties with stakes in various states are constantly preparing for one election or the other. Discuss the problems associated with frequent elections and suggest a way forward.
- Judiciary, in recent years is increasingly being criticized for actively encroaching upon the powers of legislative and executive authorities. The judiciary must retain a fine balance between Judicial Activism and Judicial Over-reach. Elucidate.
- Discuss the constitutional underpinning behind “Prohibition of Alcohol”. Do you think only a prohibitive law is enough to save Indians from “Alcoholism”? According to you, what should a holistic plan must entail in this regard?
- Even after a quarter of a century of their enactment, the Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs) are yet to achieve their full potential. Do you agree? Discuss in light of various issues associated with PRIs in India and suggest measures.
- India has too many children but too little childhood. In light of this statement analyse the various legal and policy related loopholes in Indian context and suggest a way forward.
- What do you understand by judicial accountability? Discuss and suggest a way forward to inculcate judiciary accountability in Indian jurisprudence.
- Critically analyse IPC Section – 377 in light of the recent developments with respect to LGBT rights and comment on the judicial judgements pertaining to it.
- The union cabinet has recently passed the draft Surrogacy (Regulation) bill, 2016, which bans commercial surrogacy in India and allows altruistic surrogacy to a qualified set of couples. Critically analyse provisions of the bill and put forth your views on surrogacy.
- What do you understand by rights based approach? Do you think it is helping India better itself to be a more just and inclusive society. Analyse with examples and list out the benefits of this approach, if any.
- Do you think cultural rights should supersede democratic rights? Discuss it in the light of Article 371A of constitution of India.
- What do you understand by “Purposive interpretation” of a law or section of a law? Discuss it in light of the recent pronouncements by Supreme Court of India with regards to Section 123 of the Representation of the People Act, 1951.
- Discuss the key objectives of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act, 2012. Also bring out the challenges in its implementation.
- What do you understand by pressure group? Discuss their role in a vibrant democracy?
- Life Exists, therefore it has a right to exist; Death exist, therefore it has a right to exist too .In light of this statement analyse the legal entanglement surrounding Euthanasia in India.
- Do you think the contention that fundamental duties should be legalised is well founded? Give valid arguments with regards to your understanding and stance on this issue.
You can join the Mains test here- Click Here