First of all, we would like to thank you for your support through out.
Last year we had launched PRELIMS 2016 program ,albeit little late , yet the enrollment was beyond our expectation.We have got many positive results in PRELIMS this year and at the same time many good candidates could not get through.Since the past few days, we have been enduring mixed emotions – some sweet , some sore from our students.
Every time we read a thank you mail from you , it keeps us motivated to outdo ourselves and provide all the help we can.
Recently , many of you have asked the timeline for the PRELIMS 2017 launch.
In this regard we have thoroughly analyzed this years paper and here is our findings :-
- Current affairs were dominant.However , few current affairs were without logic or so to say -straight forward (The banana or butterfly or remnibi or inland port questions)
- However many questions can be solved by sheer application of logic.In PRELIMS 2017 program , we are planning to give the logic behind the answers/explanations , so that it may help you to eliminate the options.The logic for many questions for this PRELIMS 2016 can be found here- Click here
- It seems the cut-off has gone higher than predicted.If that is the case then PRELIMS became a 6 months preparation affair rather than the old 3 months preparation affair.Competition is getting tough and we have to put in extra efforts this time for sure, there is no other go.
- Many questions were asked from a certain time period when students usually do not read the daily current affairs (Months like -September, October etc- usually busy with MAINS preparation). This did cost dearly for some.
- Although current affairs probably going to dominate next year , yet one can not go to PRELIMS with out reading the static portion of the test.
- Many have committed “silly mistake” to the tune of 6-9 questions which did cost dearly.
- There is a parallel discussion going on in different forums with regards to the standards of questions asked.But that is a matter of another debate altogether.The motive for us should be on how to clear this qualifying exam and write mains.
After thoroughly analyzing the question paper and trend , and after getting few inputs from our old students, we are planning to do something better and more comprehensive this year.
The idea is to provide a safety net through rigorous practice so that one does not worry about the result after giving PRELIMS.That is the primary goal of our PRELIMS 2017 program.
One thing is pretty clear though, instead of 20 current affairs question per each set we will provide minimum of 30 questions from current affairs going forward and a complete paper only on current affairs, so that by the end of the program, we will ensure every details of current affairs is on your finger tips.
Before we decide the features of the test, we request you to give your valuable feedback , so that it will help us build a more inclusive and diversified PRELIMS 2017 program.
To save your time, we already framed few question, however you have the option to give in-detailed feedback.Your feedback is of immense value to us, hence , kindly don’t hesitate.