We have started the GS I initiative. For starter , we will be covering below mentioned section of the GS I Syllabus.
Scetion 1 – Indian culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, Literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
Timeline:- 16 Nov-18 Nov
What to Study :-Chapters :-Lesson 1-7
( Lesson 1_ Culture_ An Introduction ; Lesson 2_ Indian Culture;Lesson 3_ Ancient India ;Lesson 4_ Medieval India;Lesson 5_ Modern India;Lesson 6_ Indian Languages and Literature-I;Lesson 7_ Indian Languages and Literature-II)
Source – NIOS
Link – Material
Questions will be asked on 18 Nov from those particular 7 chapters.
UPSC Questions related to this particular section :-
- Difference between Moatsu and Yemeshe festivals of Nagaland or the “Losar” and “Khan” Festival of Arunachal Pradesh
- Write on theatre forms :- Bhand Pather , Swang , Maach, Bhaona , Mudiyettu , Dashavatar;
- Different styles of unglazed pottery making in India;
- List Classical dance form of India as per Sangeet natak Akademi
- Flute-Playing Krishan theme is very populr in Indian art – Discuss;
- Cassification of Indian muscial Instruments ;
- Significance of Fire in Zorastrianism
- Why Laurie Baker called conscience keeper of Indian architecture
- Bagurumba Folk Dance
- Sangam Literature
- Tandava Dance
- Chola architecture
- Gandhara Sculpture – both Greek and Roman Significane
- Indus valley Civilization and its link to today’s urbanization
- Why Taxila is not considered as an University in the real sense as Nalanda
- Why Sufism could not significantly influence Indian society ;
Note :- This section is a vast section, however , once we start diligently we would able to cover multiple sources and at the same time will have a comprehensive understanding of this section . This section overlaps with the history of India and certain parts of the history also will be covered by this.