1) Hand-in- Hand Military exercise:-
- The India China Combined Military Training Exercise Hand in Hand 2015 commenced on 12 Oct at Kunming Military Academy, Yunnan, China.
- The joint exercise has met its stated objectives; to exchange experience on counter-terrorist training and conducting counter-terrorist operations, enhance mutual trust and understanding and promote healthy military relations between the two armies.
2)Inscriptions and Kings :-
- Almost all inscriptions have something to do with the king. Either they were commissioned by the king or they mention the reigning king of the day.
- Pallava kings in the 5th to 7th centuries recorded inscriptions in creative ways. We have verses with hidden political import and the titles they gave themselves, including Mahamalla, the great wrestler, Vichitrachita, the innovative-minded, and so on.
- It is from the reign of Raja Raja I that the Meikerti (True Fame) or prashasthi takes definite form. The long verse begins with Swastishri (prosperity be praised) and then Tirumagal Pola Perunila Chelviyum, which became the key clues thereafter through his reign.
- Meikerti has become invaluable now to date the events of the king chronologically. They also have several references to constellation patterns that help date the reign.
- Raja Raja’s verse runs into more than 200 lines in Tamil , which has fascinating details of not just the wars he fought and won but insights into how he fought them.
- Vira Rajendra (1063-1070) has a poetic inscription where he is described as being always accompanied by bravery and clothed in sacrifice
- Kulotunga Chola was one of the kings who had different Meikerti – as many as six. He mentions how his feet were the crowns for the kings he had vanquished. Among the Pandya kings, the Meikerti of Maravarman Sundarapandyan (1215-1239) is the best.
- The Vijayanagar kings continued this tradition of inscription but their verses were very short, seldom more than 10 lines, with oft-repeated phrases and not always accurate.
3) 4k Technology :-
- 4K resolution, also called 4K, refers to a display device or content having horizontal resolution on the order of 4,000 pixels. Several 4K resolutions exist in the fields of digital television and digital cinematography. In the movie projection industry, Digital Cinema Initiatives (DCI) is the dominant 4K standard.
- 4K is not the same as 4K Ultra HD. The standalone term “4K” was originally used to describe Digital Cinema (4096 × 2160 px). Since Digital Cinema resolution is not available in a consumer television, the term “4K Ultra HD” (3840 × 2160 px) was invented — notice the slight reduction in 4K Ultra HD resolution to achieve a 16 × 9 aspect ratio.
- 4K Ultra HD is exactly four times the resolution of Full HD, which produces a magnificent image when viewed in person.
- The term True 4K or Native 4K is used to describe 4K Ultra HD content which does not require up-scaling from a lower resolution source.
4) HFC and Ozone Depletion :-
- NASA has claimed that HFCs are an not existential threat to the ozone layer or to ozone hole recovery, but the impact is not zero as has been claimed.
- HFC emissions cause increased warming of the stratosphere, speeding up the chemical reactions that destroy ozone molecules, and they also decrease ozone levels in the tropics by accelerating the upward movement of ozone-poor air, the findings showed.
- HFCs have been adopted as replacements for chlorofluorocarbons (CFC) and hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFC) in refrigerators and in home and automobile air conditioners
- While HFCs are only weak ozone-depleting substances, they are, like CFCs and HCFCs, strong greenhouse gases. If production trends continue, projections show that, by 2050, the amount of global warming by all HFCs could be as large as 20 percent that of carbon dioxide, the study pointed out.