The questions are part of our MAINS TEST SERIES , however everyone can write their answer for these question and we will review your answers and provide feedback.
Here are the questions :-
Just Mention the questions number and write your answer.You can also write in pen/paper and upload the answers in comment section.
To write – Click Here
Questions of the UTM01 Test :-
- The nation can progress only if the Union and State Governments walk shoulder to shoulder. Inter-State Council is one of the most significant platforms for strengthening Centre-State and Inter-State relationship. Discuss. What further steps need to be taken to strengthen the Inter-State Council?
- National Human Rights Commissions (NHRCs) have become prominent actors in the national,regional and international human rights arena. Critically examine the role of NHRC in curbing Human Rights violations in the country.
- Recently the Supreme Court had requested the Central government to consider the possibility of establishing a National Court of Appeal (NCA) which has elicited mixed reactions from the legal community. Do you think an intermediary like NCA will be a solution to reduce judicial backlog or suggest any alternative measures?
- Elections in India have become a continuous process and political parties with stakes in various states are constantly preparing for one election or the other. Discuss the problems associated with frequent elections and suggest a way forward.
- Judiciary, in recent years is increasingly being criticized for actively encroaching upon the powers of legislative and executive authorities. The judiciary must retain a fine balance between Judicial Activism and Judicial Over-reach. Elucidate.
- Recently the Chief Justice of India criticized the actions of the Centre over the matter of appointments of judges in the higher judiciary and for trying to bring the entire judiciary to a grinding halt. The legislature and the Judiciary must work together to formulate the Memorandum of Procedure for appointment of judges to higher judiciary. Discuss.
- Smart Cities Mission aims to improve the quality of life of the average urban citizen. However according to few experts, it is necessary to make cities liveable first before making them smart.Discuss in light of problems associated with urban areas in India.
- What do you understand by ‘Lobbying’? Do you think Lobbying should be legalised in India?
- Even after a quarter of a century of their enactment, the Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs) are yet to achieve their full potential. Do you agree? Discuss in light of various issues associated with PRIs in India and suggest measures.
- India has too many children but too little childhood. In light of this statement analyze the various legal and policy related loopholes in Indian context and suggest a way forward.
- What do you understand by judicial accountability? Discuss and suggest a way forward to inculcate judiciary accountability in Indian jurisprudence.
- Critically analyse IPC Section – 377 in light of the recent developments with respect to LGBT rights and comment on the judicial judgements pertaining to it.
- The union cabinet has recently cleared draft Surrogacy (Regulation) bill, 2016, which bans commercial surrogacy in India and allows altruistic surrogacy to a qualified set of couples. Critically analyse provisions of the bill and put forth your views on surrogacy.
- Life Exists, therefore it has a right to exist ; Death exist, therefore it has a right to exist too .In light of this statement analyse the legal entanglement surrounding Euthanasia in India.
- Critically comment on right to privacy vis-à-vis various judicial pronouncements surrounding the Aadhaar card and the various provisions of the act pertaining to it?
- What do you understand by rights based approach? Do you think it is helping India better itself to be a more just and inclusive society. Analyse with examples and list out the benefits of this approach, if any.
- What do you understand by pressure group ?Discuss their role in a vibrant democracy?
- Supreme Court had recently upheld criminal defamation. However parties in power in various states are constantly found to be misusing this provision to settle political score or suppress any voice of dissent. In light of this discuss defamation and comment on whether it should be criminal or civil.
- Discuss the role and functions of Medical Council of India and the various issues surrounding it and suggest a way forward.
- Discuss the recommendations of Lodha committee on reforming BCCI. Do you think the similar set of recommendations should be extended to other sports governing bodies to bring transparency and accountability to sports administration in India.